nope

News 144 Hz G-Sync IPS Asus PG2749Q Monitor Coming Q3 For $800


Nvidia announced its presence at this year's Computex show in a big way: in addition to the release of the 980 Ti, the graphics company launched G-Sync displays in laptopsand new line of seven G-Sync monitors from Acer and Asus. One of those Asus models caught my eye: the 144Hz, 27-inch, 2560x1440 PG2749Q with an IPS panel. Only one other monitor on the market (from Acer) manages to deliver 144 Hz G-Sync with an IPS screen. IPS LCD technology offers a better picture than the more common TN LCD, but is slower to refresh and more expensive. More than any other monitor in the lineup, the PG2749Q was the one I most wanted to track down at Computex. Not so surprisingly, I found it in Asus' booth.

A section of Asus' booth was dedicated to its Republic of Gamers brand, and the PG2749Q was mounted on one wall, overlooking a trio of Asus' 4K G-Sync monitors running in tandem. I didn't get to spend much time looking at it—just enough to confirm that, yes, it is an IPS screen with far better colors and viewing angles than your average TN panel. I did, however, talk to an Asus representative about the PG2749Q and other G-Sync monitors, and got an idea of when they'll be available.
According to Asus, the 27-inch IPS G-Sync monitor should be available in Q3 of this year, hopefully as soon as August, for around $800. For the sake of comparison, the Asus RoG Swift currently costs about $780. The Asus PG27AQ, which is the new 27-inch 4K model, will be available in Q4 of this year, price still TBD.

Source : PC Gamer

Previous
Next Post »

2 comments

Click here for comments
Degenhard
admin
September 18, 2015 at 12:14 PM ×

One of those Asus models caught my eye: the 144Hz, 27-inch, 2560x1440 PG2749Q with an IPS panel. Only one other monitor on the market ... easusmonitor.blogspot.com

Reply
avatar
April 7, 2017 at 9:05 AM ×

I'll be very impress to read information. " should read, "This article is rather impressive to me, My significant other loves feathers. Now if I might just do it and you do it helps me score some big points with her.
144hz Gaming Monitor

Reply
avatar
IBX5A57AC5120BC5